mhonarc-users

Encoding problems

2004-07-23 03:03:06
For a project I have to provide HTML output of several german and english mailing lists.

The output should be in UTF8, so I took the complete utf-8-encode.mrc from the documentation as -rc file

Now I get problems with german mails:

The subject of a mail contains the german ä (a with diaeresis) and is encoded with Ä which seems to be correct.

The body of the messages contains also contains chars like ä,ö,ü (a,o,u with diaresis). These chars are all encoded to #xC3;

Why does this happen. What do I have to modify in utf-8-encode.mrc to get correct results?

Thanks

Harald