mhonarc-users

Re: HTML validation problem in tslice?

2004-07-30 18:29:55
On July 29, 2004 at 23:43, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

I find that the thread slices doesn't validate - see
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Funagi.mail-archive.com%3A8080%
2Fproblem.html

Any suggestions? It looks like the problem is you aren't supposed to
stack <ul> tags. This occurs when the thread is longer than the
tslice.  It is not obvious to me what MHonArc resource can be modified
to make the HTML validate.

I've known of this problem for a long time.  The problem is trying
to get the proper indenting level for continued threads, and historically,
throwing in some <ul>'s does the trick.

With advent of better stylesheet support, you may be able to get
the right visual effect with valid markup.  Maybe use <div> tags with
a given class attribute so you can define the indent level.

Note, using stylesheets may not work text-based clients.