mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc and qmail permissions issue

2004-08-26 18:25:33
Jason wrote:
from /var/qmail/alias/mylist/editor, I have added
|/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -fileperms 777 -idxfname index.html
-outdir /var/www/modularnet/list || exit 0

but the resulting files in the outdir look like this
[root(_at_)proteus-01 list]# ls -al
total 24
drwxr-xr-x    2 alias    root         4096 Aug 25 22:00 .
drwxrwxr-x    5 zsolt    zsolt        4096 Aug 25 21:22 ..
-rwx------    1 alias    nofiles       566 Aug 25 22:00 index.html
-rw-------    1 alias    nofiles      2441 Aug 25 22:00 .mhonarc.db
-rwx------    1 alias    nofiles      2050 Aug 25 22:00 msg00000.html
-rwx------    1 alias    nofiles       523 Aug 25 22:00 threads.html

and cant be viewed by a web browser through the apache server.

Your system has probably an unusually restrictive umask. You can set
umask within MHonArc with the UMASK resource.

But why would you want the permissions 777? Perm. 644 makes more sense to me.

If I were you, I'd try replacing

    -fileperms 777

with

    -umask 022

That results probably in the file permissions 644 (with the exception of .mhonarc.db, but that file should not be web readable).

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson