mhonarc-users

PDF attachments with Mailman & mhonarc

2004-11-18 14:58:02
Hi,

I'm using Mailman integrated with Mhonarc on a Solaris 9 system download
from this site. mm-ht-ht-2.1.4-0.1

It seems to work great - except for a minor problem. The PDF file
attachments show up as .bin files.

I've read through the docs and have searched this list and have got some
really good ideas, but they don't work.

PDF's show up with a <a href="binxxxxx.bin">binxxxxx.pdf</a>

I run following command from $prefix dir.

./bin/mhonarc -mbox ./archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox
-outdir ./archives/private/listname -rcfile ./main.mrc

All the files are recreated, but the problem still there.

My main.mrc file

<MIMEFilters>

image/*;                m2h_external::filter;         mhexternal.pl

message/delivery-status;      m2h_text_plain::filter;
mhtxtplain.pl

message/external-body;        m2h_msg_extbody::filter;
mhmsgextbody.pl

application/octet-stream;     m2h_external::filter;
mhexternal.pl

</MIMEFilters>

<MIMEArgs>

text/plain; quote maxwidth=78

image/gif; inline

image/jpeg; inline

image/x-xbitmap; inline

image/x-xbm; inline

application/*; inline

m2h_external::filter; usename

m2h_external::filter; ext="pdf" usenameext

m2h_external::filter; inlineexts="jpg" usenameext

</MIMEArgs>

I've read the following docs:

http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/mime.html#badtype
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/mimefilters.html#m2h_extern