mhonarc-users

Re: Resource for setting TZ?

2005-10-11 16:05:44
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Is there any resource variable available for setting TZ, or must it be set separately?

Earl Hood replied:
Set it before mhonarc is invoked. You can do it from the shell as follows:

  prompt> env TZ=whatever mhonarc [options] ...

Or, in my case, in mhastart.pl. ;-)

Thought there might be something like the <UMASK> resource, but you have confirmed that there isn't.

Harshal Chhaya replied:
I don't know of a mhonarc resource that lets you set TZ but you can set it in the script before calling mhonarc.
I use the 'ENV' hash in perl scripts to set the TZ like

  $ENV{TZ}="Asia/Calcutta";

before calling other programs.

Yep, that's what I'm doing.

--