mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc and Cyrus-imap

2006-06-24 15:54:27
 Earl,
 I suggest to drop that thread.
 I am not a MHonArc expert.
I used it for years with an earlier version of Linux which used the Unix mailbox format. It used the -mbox option which by the way seems to have now anyway disappeared from the command line options list. With the Cyrus Maildir directories, and your mail definitely says why, I was getting nothing. So I spent hours (Ok, I am dumb) trying to find how to tell MHonArc that I want to use the Mairldir, not the mbox, format. I found nothing else than -mhpattern able to control file selection, AND THE DOCUMENTATION AND EXAMPLES DO NOT SHOW ANYTHING ELSE THAN '^[^\.]' which I, stupid me, thus believed to be the default. So please, where is the default given in the documentation on the Web? Then, by trial and error, I found that \d works. My initial post was nothing else than suggesting to clearly and explicitly include in the doc what the pattern should be for Cyrus-imapd users, in view of the quickly growing Cyrus-imapd community.
 I agree that ^\d+.$ is much more "compliant" than my poor guess \d  .
But the main point remains: could the developpers be kind enough to include one additional line in the doc giving the -mhpattern to be used along with Cyrus-imapd ?

Before closing: my very deep gratitude to the team who so long made and continues to make my work possible.

 Jacques