mhonarc-users

Re: profiling results

2007-04-13 21:33:27
Do you invoke mhonarc for each new message for a list or do you
queue up messages for a given list (over a specified period) before
invoking mhonarc for the list?

Neither. The algorithm is to receive mail for a bunch of archives.
When mhonarc is invoked, it batches as many messages (for a
given archive) as are available. A single loop invokes mhonarc
again and again. This approach scales very gracefully because
a big message backlog leads to more batch processing.

Wednesday I invoked mhonarc 12352 times, of which 7932 runs
were for singleton messages. Average latency from message reception
to archival hovered around two hours.  I'm interested in reducing
this latency, and even a small speed increase for mhonarc would help.

Jeff