Summary: Occasionally, produces a huge xml output with
contents: a rel="><
Submitted by: mgirod
Submitted on: Tuesday 06/19/2007 at 16:01
Priority: 5 - Normal
Severity: 3 - Normal
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Operating System: GNU/Linux
I took over the maintenance of our internal web site.
There we use mhonarc to archive mailing lists, and generate rss feeds.
We use it from a python wrapper, named mailapp, which I believe was written
Occasionally (Feb 21, June 18), one process starts taking up all the host
resources (80% of the memory, significant CPU share).
The number of mailapp processes raises--my understanding is that the topmost
is not releasing a lock, and new ones are just cropping.
I can then find two files of huge sizes (20M):
Renaming them away, and killing the processes solves the problem
Looking at the contents of the xml file, I found beyond the first 100k a
repeated pattern of:
eng-artix-merge> head -c 101100 rss20.xml.away | tail -c 100; echo
-0,0 +1,99 @@<br />+<a rel="><a rel="><a rel="><a
I am not sure what is the cause and what the effects.
I couldn't find an existing report which would clearly describe the same
Any insights are welcome.
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Savannah