[namazu-users-en] Re: Hello..

2000-03-16 19:17:03
On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 12:55:19AM +0900, Satoru Takabayashi wrote:
Peter Marelas <maral(_at_)phase-one(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:

Im new to the list and the namazu product. Just droping a note
to mention another GPL full text indexing product im part of called
mifluz. http://www.senga.org/mifluz/html/

Thank you for your information.  It sounds great.  Since
Namazu's indexer called mknmz is written in perl, indexing
takes rather a long time.  Ryuji Abe has a plan to rewrite
mknmz with C. It would be great if we can employ mifluz to
the task.

Certainly mifluz is up to the task. You may have read already
mifluz is designed to index a large (+10 million) number of words.
Mifluz relies on a modified version of Berkeley DB B+Tree's
(we added on compression) for storing its index. The structure
employed makes updates very fast. There is some work going on
to improve the structure.

I would be interested if the persons that designed namazu's
index structure, critisized the mifluz structure. As the
structure is the key to fast updates and query performance.

Regards
Peter Marelas