Re: always 0 files founds

2000-09-25 05:31:18
hi! and thanks for your reply ...

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 06:27:50PM +0900, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:
I just installed namazu, as well as wvWare and lv to have MSWord files
support. The problem comes when I run mknmz.

Hmm... lv would not be needed on non Japanese environment.

Hmm .. it says so in the manual:

   msword.pl
          Handle a Word file.
          Requirement: wvWare, lv
          Alternate command: doccat

Perhaps I misunderstood the "," :-) It should say "wvWare or lv".

You see? only 74 keywords in 33 documents, keep in mind that each file
is from 11 to 14 pages ... 74 keywords don't sound too much to me ...

Possibly wvWare could not convert these documents appropriately, or it
would be encoding probrem.

Could you send me the original word document? I want to test it on my
environment.

Great!! I will sent them to your personal mailbox, thanks.
BTW, I found why I always get the "0 files found"!!!!!!!!

It indexes *ONLY* the names of the word files, but not the contents of
them ... Oh my!!!

So, namazu only works with the query of a filename. Maybe I
misunderstood the purpose of the program? I cann't search *the
contents* of these damn word files? Please, help!!

Maximo Ramos
From The Land of The Morning Calm
"I am free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally."