Re: Stop list

2001-02-15 23:01:27
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

When someone enters just 'the' in the search returns a huge number of
results.

Namazu has a feature about rescriction of number of results (MAXHIT
directive on namazurc).

That's not a good idea, because some real searches may need to return a
large number of results.

The stop list isn't that hard to include.  If the words are not in a
phrase, then just run through them before starting the search, and drop
all words in the stop list.  I've done this in perl, but my engine
wasn't very fast.

Optionally, all words dropped from the search could be displayed with a
message.

Philip