Scalability of Namazu

2001-09-19 12:54:02

I have developed a web-based mail archiving system using Procmail,
MHonArc, and Namazu.  A question I have about Namazu is how well
does it scale for a large number of files.  The site for Namazu states
it is good for small and medium web sites, but does not give information
on what "small" and "medium" are.

How is the performance Namazu affected as the number of files being
indexed grows?  For example, will Namazu have problems if it were
to index 50,000 files?  100,000 files?

In case it matter, I'm using version 2 of Namazu.

Thanks,

--ewh