Using path info to specify the index

2001-11-29 11:38:55
Just thought you might be interested in seeing how I've used the
PATH_INFO cgi variable to specify the index to be used.

Go to
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/search/linuxers/
and
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/search/life/

I use the same namazu, called search.  the terms after search in the url
(/linuxers/ and /life/) don't exist, and are passed to namazu as the
PATH_INFO cgi variable.  I've changed namazu to use the contents of this
variable to determine which index to use.

If an idxname is set through a form variable on the page, that will
override the PATH_INFO.

If you think it is useful, I will submit a patch to do this.

It is based on 2.0.7

The advantage is that I can have exactly the same templates, and the
same namazurc files, I just change the url.  I could also specify
?idxname=linuxers, etc, but then that doesn't make it transparent to the
user.  Just thought that this was a better way to do it.

Philip

--
Gee, Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328