--target-list meaning

2002-02-28 16:39:34
We have an Intranet website that accesses many files on our file
server by symbolically linking to the directories on the server (we
use a Un*x file server).  Because of this I don't want to index every
file under the htdocs directory.

I wrote a perl script that starts at the home page and looks for every
file referenced on the site and saves that list of files in a file.
Then I feed the file (containing the list of files I want indexed) to
mknmz via the --target-list option.  My actually command line is
'mknmz --target-list=/home/www/namazu.filelist
--output-dir=/opt/namazu/iwww.terago.net'.  There are about 800 files
I want indexed.  It appears, however, that mknmz is not using that
list, but generating its own list.  Unfortunately the list mknmz
generates is over 6000 files long.

What is the meaning of --target-list and is there a way to do limit
the indexing to only the files in namazu.filelist?

Thanks,

Eric