PDF and description/keywords

2002-03-26 00:50:08
I'm indexing a site which has a mix of html files and pdf files. For
HTML files I can use the meta keyword tag to weight the search, and the
meta description tag to control how that page is described in the search
results (*).

Is this possible with PDF files? I had a look at html.pl and pdf.pl in
/usr/share/namazu/filter and it looks like I could hack something if the
information was in the pdf file and I could get at it. Has anyone tried
something like this?

Darren

*: I.e. I'm showing the description field rather than the summary field.
From PHP: nmz_result_field($hlist,$i,"description");