Re: Getting --deny to work

2002-05-20 21:31:48
Hi, Darren,

I have looked at inside mknmz and it calls Getopt::Long.
The calling sequence does not follow the shape for multiple
values (as attached). And I don't think we need this. If this is
allowed the semantics of joining the strings may become confusing :-)

Darren> What is interesting is that it only worked when I removed the --update
Darren> parameter as well. Is that a bug or am I misunderstanding what the
Darren> --update parameter is for?

I did notice the --update and intentionally removed that option.
Sorry not refering the term.

--update is just a convenient-type-option and not MUST word.

If you say --update=existing_index, it will pickup current-directory
and all the arguments used at previous run.
You may look inside NML.status file what will be reflected at this
mechanism.

Saying both --update=A and --output-dir=A may be redundunt or even harmful.

(Attachment)
----------------
perldoc Getopt/Long.pm
----------------
       Options with multiple values

       Options sometimes take several values. For example, a pro-
       gram could use multiple directories to search for library
       files:

           --library lib/stdlib --library lib/extlib

       To accomplish this behaviour, simply specify an array ref-
       erence as the destination for the option:

           my @libfiles = ();
           GetOptions ("library=s" => \(_at_)libfiles);

---
Makoto Fujiwara,