Re: namazu doing CGI env check (was Re: Formats of NMZ.* files)

2002-09-04 20:36:23
On September 2, 2002 at 19:09, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

The goal of the CGI is to allow for a "permanent" bookmark to an
archived message.  A problem with MHonArc's message number system is
that if archive is rebuilt from raw messages, but some raw messages have
been deleted and/or are in different order, the message numbering will
be different.  This is a problem for people you reference archived
messages in their mail.

That's great. I had thought such like function.

I made a perl binding of libnmz, you can get from cvs
<http://cvs.namazu.org/Search-Namazu/> or
<http://www.namazu.org/~knok/Search-Namazu-0.92.tar.gz>.

Unfortunately, it lacks NMZ.field.* support. Ok, I'll add the function
to my ToDo list. If I can do it, you will make it easier.

I did look at Search-Namazu, but saw that it did not have what
I need.

Well, I read the file format documentation, and wrote a pure
Perl solution.  I've tested it out with my private archives
and it is being used at the mhonarc.org mail archives,
<http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/> (see the [Bookmark Link]
on each message page).

It will be part of the next mharc release, and is in the
mharc CVS tree at <http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=mhonarc>.
I whipped up a MHArc::Namazu module to contain utility methods
for accessing the field data.

--ewh