Using French LANG parameter

2002-12-12 04:06:13
I don't seem to be able to properly parameterize the use of the French templates.
In the user guide it says:

## Lang: Set the locale code such as `ja_JP.eucJP', `ja_JP.SJIS',
## `de', etc.  This directive works only if the environment
## variable LANG is not set because the directive is mainly
## intended for CGI use.  On the shell, You can set
## environemtnt variable LANG instead of using the directive.
##
## If you set `de' to it, namazu.cgi use
## NMZ.(head|foot|body|tips|results).de for displaying results
## and use a proper message catalog for `de'.
##
Lang          ja_JP.SJIS

If I set it to Lang     FR (or fr or Fr) it diesn't take it into account.
I suspect that it may be because of the 'environment variable' but I don't understand what this means.
We are running namazu in a Windows 98 environment.

Thanks in advance, if you can help.
Chris Bressey
Lyon, France