[Namazu-users-en] Re: (no subject)

2005-07-27 00:09:56

On Jul 19, 2005, at 3:57 PM, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

At Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:47:04 -0600,
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

I am running mknmz to index a mailman archive and get this...  Was
wondering what it is doing.  Running on a gentoo system that belongs
to a customer.

Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /usr/bin/mknmz
line 2361, <GEN16271> line 1.

If you use the latest stable release (2.0.14), it seems the following
line:

# readw: read one pack 'w' word.
# This code was contributed by <furukawa(_at_)tcp-ip(_dot_)or(_dot_)jp>.
sub readw ($) {
    my $fh = shift;
    my $ret = '';
    my $c;

    while (read($fh, $c, 1)){
        $ret .= $c;                   <- here
        last unless 0x80 & ord $c;
    }
    return unpack('w', $ret);
}

Usually it always be success because each variables $ret and $c are
stored anything values.
So I think it would be something wroing in the execution envrionment.

If you can always reproduce the issue and give me the data to
reproduce, I would find the reason. Anyway, I need more information.

Hi

It was always reproducible 100% until new data was added to the
mailman archive.  By the time I went and tried the -d debug option,
new data had been added to the archive and it now will not fail.
Sorry.  But thanks for you willingness to help.  Either that or the -
d changes something which causes it to not fail...

ja ne
Until next time
Chad

--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok(_at_)daionet(_dot_)gr(_dot_)jp

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider
chad(_at_)shire(_dot_)net