[Namazu-users-en] Re: html data not indexed in text/html mails

2005-08-03 05:37:20
swati wrote:

I have a mail server, where I get pure text/html mails also. I have
installed and am using namazu-1.0.14 on it for indexing and searching.
The server has  Linux OS.
I just found out that namazu does not index the html part of these
text/html mails, but it considers the data other than the html data in
the mail. Going through the mailnews.pl, I found out that the content
type text/html is not handled there.
I tried to make some changes and make it handle text/html also. But it
still doesnt.
Can anyone help me out on this.

namazu-2.0.14 bypasses attached files and multipart entities when indexing
mails.
namazu-2.0.15 will support to index the multipart entities. It is next
release feature.
You can try namazu 2.0.15 prerelease version.
http://www.namazu.org/test/namazu-2.0.15pre1.tar.gz
Keep in mind that a prerelease version has not been through exhaustive testing.

To handle Attached base64 bodies, MIME::Base64 and MIME::QuotedPrint are
required.(perl5.8 contains them.)
http://search.cpan.org/dist/MIME-Base64/
And mknmz require --decode-base64 option when handling multipart entities.

Yukio USUDA