[Namazu-users-en] Re: Namazu encoding Unix vs win32

2006-06-24 09:06:25
starr(_at_)houston(_dot_)rr(_dot_)com writes:

 I'm trying to generate the Namazu index on Unix (FreeBSD) and search it
on win32.
 When the win32 search runs, a considerable amount of garbage is
produced, along
 with some echoing of templates.  Unix search works fine.
 Looks to me like it may be a coding problem.
 mknmz scripts are identical on the two ports.

I'm scanning English, normal HTML.

Any Idea where the difference is ?

My first guess would be an encoding issue, perhaps unicode v. UTF8?
At least that would be my first guess.  The index files are data
files, not text files.  My next guess would be line-ending convention.

-derek
       warlord(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU                        PGP key available