[Namazu-users-en] Problems with date sorts

2007-01-11 20:29:27
I'm running into a rather nasty problem with date sorting on Mailman pipermail
archives.  When I sort on date:early or date:late there appears to be some
other sort being applied, although if I do a date sort in the reverse order the
order of the messages is indeed reversed, indicating that the sort is working,
albeit with an incorrect algorithm.

Sometimes some of the posts are close to being in chronological order,
sometimes there are sections that are in reverse order of what they should be,
and sometimes the order appears random.  Overall the sort is failing, although
the sort order is the same every time so the problem is reproducable and
consistent.

I'm not seeing any errors, either when I run mknmz or when I do a search, so I
don't know whether there's incorrect information is in the indexes or if the
correct information is there and is being mishandled.

Has anyone else had problems similar to this?  I'm trying to read code, but the
parts are scattered here and there between perl perl programs and C code and
I'm wasting a lot of time and don't seem to be any closer to a solution.

Any help would be appreciated, or pointers to any diagnistics that I could run
which might help.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at