MH VI BUG?

1992-09-02 03:15:38
I am using MH 6.7.2 with the vi editor.  I have been tolerating an
anomoloy whereby upon exiting from vi (I normally use :wq) whatnow
reports "problems with edit--draft left in #1".  I typically rename the
#1 file as 1 and proceed with a comp -use 1.  However, this is getting
a bit annoying, so I decided to push on it a bit.

Jim Galvin and I have checked out the code in whatnowsbr.c and have
rigged it to report the values of status, use and reedit.  They are
0x0100, 0 and 0, respectively.  So, it appears that for reasons
unknown, vi is returning a non-zero exit code of 1.

We noticed the fix for the ATTVIBUG and where wondering if you could
provide more information about the fix.  While it would fix the problem
I am encountering, we're not sure if it would also "fix" other things
as well.

We'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks.

-DB