MH: folder -pop bug?

1995-08-15 17:02:56

Every so often, I've noticed a strange bug in folder -pop.  It doesn't
manifest itself very often, and has been harmless so far.  What happens
is that sometimes the next to last folder on the stack (the one becoming
the current folder) doesn't pop correctly, but instead becomes the folder
farther down (bad explanation).  Here's an example:

lunen% folder -list
C C C inbox
lunen% folder -pop
inbox C inbox

Or:

lunen% folder -list
hos hos hos hos inbox
lunen% folder -pop
inbox hos hos inbox
lunen% folder -pop
hos hos inbox
lunen% folder -pop
inbox inbox
lunen% folder -pop
inbox

When it happens, it seems to be consistent (i.e., this is a bohrbug),
though it has a strong dependence on the lengths of the names of the
folder(s) involved (i.e., using folder "cvs" instead of "hos" had the
same pattern).

Anyone else seen this, or have a clue to what's happening?

Philip Guenther

Philip Guenther                 UNIX Systems and Network Administrator
Internet: guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu   Phonenet: (507) 933-7596
Gustavus Adolphus College       St. Peter, MN 56082-1498
I am _not_ a representative sample of the Gustavus Community.  Yeah, right...
Source code never lies (it just misleads).  (Programming by Purloined Letter?)