Re: Compat problem (fwd)

1996-11-27 08:29:36
Tony Nugent said:

This was just posted to the ncurses mailing list, and I thought that
it is very relevant for people involved with mh development...

On Tue Nov 26 1996, Juergen Pfeifer
<Juergen(_dot_)Pfeifer(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de> wrote:

P=E5l-Marius Lie Baltzersen wrote:
=

I'm trying to install mh-6.8.4 on NetBSD-1.2 with ncurses and have a p=
roblem
with missing _y or lines in the WINDOWS struct in ncurses.

You have a very basic problem. It is bad practice to use the members of =
any of
the curses structures directly. Instead one should use the functions or =
macros.
Otherwise you'll end up with a non portable program. mh-6.8.4 seems to
fall into this category.

well.  MH also looks into the FILE struct and other things like that.
It is high time that MH gets rewritten to use stdio, curses, etc.

Soren