A patch to post that makes mh work with Gnus

1997-01-15 12:01:06
the problem is that Gnus 5.[234] insists on inserting its own `date' and
`message-id' headers.  I think that this is probably the right thing.
In addition, I insist on sending my mail with mh because the mh alias
mechanism is so superior to the .mailrc/mailx stuff.  (I say as someone
that uses the group stuff all the time).  So this is a patch to 6.8.4
that will probably apply to nmh straight out of the box (I am only
tweaking the struct's and one line of code).  It does two things:

1.  allows message-id and date headers to appear in mail.
2.  if there is a message-id header alreday and -msgid is specified, no
header is added and otherwise it is.

Here is the patch

Soren

*** 1.1 1997/01/14 07:09:21
--- post.c      1997/01/15 17:37:26
***************
*** 186,191 ****
--- 186,194 ----
  #define       MVIS    0x0008          /* we've seen sighted addrs */
  #define       MINV    0x0010          /* we've seen blind addrs */
  #define       MRPY    0x0020          /* we've seen a Reply-to: */
+ #ifdef CS_UCHICAGO_EDU
+ #define MMID    0x0040                /* we've seen a Message-Id: */
+ #endif
  };

  /*  */
***************
*** 196,208 ****
--- 199,217 ----
      "Reply-To", HADR | HNGR, MRPY,
      "From", HADR | HNGR, MFRM,
      "Sender", HADR | HBAD, 0,
+ #ifndef CS_UCHICAGO_EDU
      "Date", HBAD, 0,
+ #endif
      "Subject", HSUB, 0,
      "To", HADR | HTRY, MVIS,
      "cc", HADR | HTRY, MVIS,
      "Bcc", HADR | HTRY | HBCC | HNIL, MINV,
      "Dcc", HADR | HTRY | HDCC | HNIL, MVIS,   /* sorta cc & bcc combined */
+ #ifndef CS_UCHICAGO_EDU
      "Message-ID", HBAD, 0,
+ #else
+     "Message-ID", HNOP, MMID,
+ #endif
      "Fcc", HFCC, 0,

      NULL
***************
*** 1001,1007 ****
--- 1010,1020 ----
                break;

            fprintf (out, "Date: %s\n", dtime (&tclock));
+ #ifndef CS_UCHICAGO_EDU
            if (msgid)
+ #else
+           if (msgid && !(msgflags & MMID))
+ #endif
                fprintf (out, "Message-ID: <%d.%ld@%s>\n",
                        getpid (), tclock, LocalName ());
            if (msgflags & MFRM)