nmh project and future of MH

1997-04-17 18:02:53
As many know by now, I've been working on my own
distribution of MH called `nmh'.  I've been hacking on it
for about 6 months now.  At this point, I've converted it
to GNU autoconf, fixed quite a few bugs, and fixed many
portability problems.  The next version should also compile
on Linux, which has been a traditional problem for MH.

My question at this point, is what plans UCI has for MH.
Within a month, I will be making the first major release
of nmh (nmh 1.0).  If the UCI developers do not plan
on any more development of MH, I would prefer to called this
major release MH-7.0 instead.

If the UCI developers would prefer I not do this,
then that's cool.

Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu
http://www.math.gatech.edu/~coleman/