m_getfld problem?

1998-02-05 11:31:09

    Apologies if this is a repeat, but I've searched the mh newsgroup
archives and can't find anything related.

    I've been using exmh and mh for quite a while. I'm in a group that
was recently aquired by Sun and so now I'm using solaris. I've built
using nmh 0.20 and I'm using exmh 2.0.1. I'm seeing problems where
messages are being mangled when I do an inc. In some cases I get the
typical "BAD MSG:" appearing. In other cases some messages don't get
broken out at all so one mail message will in fact contain other messages
too. When we were using unixware and running mh we saw the same
symptoms which another guy here tracked down to problems in m_getfld
making bad assumptions about stdio. I hoped to apply the same fix but
of course m_getfld is different in nmh. This problem happens often enough
to me that I have to think I'm not the only one seeing this and that maybe
there is a fix I just don't have access to it. If it makes any difference
I'm running solaris 2.6.

--
Steve