Re: ANNOUNCE - release of nmh-0.21

1998-02-06 08:23:22
Please send bug reports to nmh-workers(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu,

There are comments about "OSF1" in the documentation -- should it run under
DEC's OSF1 (which later became "Digital Unix") ?
On our systems (e.g. "OSF1 heaton.cl.cam.ac.uk V3.2 41 alpha") msh appears to
have malloc problems on certain mail files, e.g. giving:

getcpy(/tmp/M2) so 8
getcpy() returns 40057080
getcpy(unseen) so 7

0x3ff8084d790 in malloc ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x3ff8084d790 in malloc ()
#1  0x12002e420 in getcpy (str=0x14000e328 "unseen") at getcpy.c:24
#2  0x12000b34c in setup (file=0x11ffff8bd "/tmp/M2") at msh.c:823
#3  0x12000a00c in main (argc=2, argv=0x11ffff6c8) at msh.c:422
(gdb)

which I assume is something corrupting the heap.

Does anyone out there have msh running OK on such a box ?
Has anyone seen similar symptoms ?

[ I did "sh configure", uncommented the "SYS4" and "SYS5" defines in config.h,
then "make" (for real use, I have patches, configuration options, etc, but
wanted as clean, simple and std a build as possible) ]