Re: nmh-0.21 and decode

1998-02-09 15:55:28
I've just moved to nmh-0.21 and I have a question about decode.

I notice in the sample mhl.* and format files, decode is only used on
some headers (for instance, mhl.format decodes From and Subject, but
not To or cc). Is there a reason not to just make it global in the
mhl.* files?  And if not, is there a way to make it decode all
headers in general format files?  I really don't receive much mail
with encoded headers, so it's not a big deal for me, but I'm curious.

On an unrelated side-note, I also noticed that "automimeproc" is not
in the mh-profile man page, and it's use is sort of unlike the other
*proc settings, so it could stand some explanation.

Since this is the first release of nmh which does RFC-2047 decoding
of header fields, I wanted to start conservatively.  More fields will
probably be decoded by default in the future.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu