[BUG REPORT] Segmentation faults parsing .mh_profile

1998-02-27 14:40:24

        I'm very pleased to see that there is an active mh system
around. I've also been very happy to see the numerous bug fixes. With
that in mind, here's my favorite "clasic" mh bug, which bit me many
times, writing new .mh_profiles.

Aliasfile: aliases
Editor: emacs
mhn-charset-iso-8859-1: %s
mhn-show-text/html: lynx -force_html '%F'
mhn-show-text/plain: more '%F'
repl: -filter filter

        This is my current profile, and works fine. However,

Aliasfile: aliases
Editor: emacs
repl: -filter filter
mhn-charset-iso-8859-1: %s
mhn-show-text/html: lynx -force_html '%F'
mhn-show-text/plain: more '%F'

        will cause a core dump. The reason, after much trial and
error, appears to be because command options must be the last lines in
the profile, a fact that is not documented anywhere. Granted, it's not
a serious problem, but I have spent a couple hours trying to debug
mhn-show-procs when the offending line was a command name.

        In fact, while I'm thinking about .mh_profile, earlier
versions of mh disallowed blank lines and comments in the profile,
something I'd very much like to have.

-Matt