Re: rcvstore and .mh_sequences locking

1998-03-10 16:27:50
Are there any known problems with nmh file locking?  I'm using nmh-0.23
on an OpenBSD system with FCNTL_LOCKING defined.  The .mh_sequences
file in one folder is corrupted 3-4 times a week.  The only thing
writing to that folder is rcvstore run from slocal.  I've noticed that
the last messages written to the folder prior to the .mh_sequences
corruption occur with approx the same timestamp (output of cron jobs).

nmh (and MH) do not currently lock the .mh_sequences file.  That's why
many people (including myself) using the directory locking in procmail.

Adding such locking in on the TODO list.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu