folders and the stat() hack

1998-03-30 12:58:36
Is there any chance of adding a flag to folders to tell it to _not_ do
the optimisation about checking the link count to check for subdirs?

I have a symlink to a set of mail folders on another filesystem, and
it gets skipped.  This wasn't much of a problem until I started using
exmh, which can't see the folders because "folder" doesn't see it.

I can work around the problem by making a subdirectory in the directory
that has the symlink, but that's kind of ugly.  I'm certainly willing
to make the change others think it useful, and suggest a good name
for the flag. :-)