setting up multiple users.

1998-04-06 10:19:54
Hi,

I've been trying to set up my email programs to work with 3
different users on my Linux box.

For the last two weeks now I've been setting up fetchmail,
procmail, sendmail and exmh. I believe I have got it to work
for myself (single user). Now that everything is working ok,
my next step is to include my other family members on to my
machine. I have a few questions about how to do this.

This is what I'm trying to do:

Retreive my email (single account) from my ISP via fetchmail
(with fetchmail running as a daemon) then using procmail,
filter out -SPAM- and then anything address to the wife or
son would be drop into thier local mailbox, while the
remaining msgs being drop into my mailbox
(/var/spool/mail/jeff) for further filtering.

I have in my HOME dir an .fetchmailrc and a .procmailrc
files, do I have to move the .fetchmailrc and .procmailrc
files to the /root dir in order to receive mail from my ISP
(fetchmail running as a daemon process) and then using
procmail, filter email to the different users on my system?

any suggestion???

thanks

--
Jeff Bell