Re: libdir vs libexecdir in NMH

1998-04-13 13:03:04
I've been using NMH for a few months now, and MH for a few years. I like
what you folk are doing with NMH.

A point of religion:

The "library" directory that you guys use for "other" executables and
scripts should really (according to the GNU-ish documentation) be the
'libexec' dir.

This is the way we do it in FreeBSD, so I have enclosed the patches
that we use to change libdir to libexecdir. This way, libdir is free
for shared library use.

Is this OK?

I don't want to change the default, since it has been "lib" for years.
You can always change it yourself with

  ./configure --libdir=/usr/local/libexec

Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu