Can multiple people accessing the same E-mail account with E-XMH ?

1998-04-17 10:58:11

I am not sure if this is the correct location to send this to.  If not and you
know who I should be sending this to I would appreciate any help I can get.

I work in the backup team in Boeblingen Germany and we have a need in a
mailer that we have not be able to fulfill.

We need to have multiple people accessing the same E-mail account
simultaneously and have not found a e-mail client that can do this.
For example, if we move a message from one folder to another from one client
these changes are not reflected on the GUI of the other client running at the
same time.  This seems to be the case with CC:mail and  Outlook97.

This functionality would not need to be automatic we would have no problem if
it was necessary to push F5 or view->refresh to get the updates.

Do you know if this is possible with E-XMH ?
I imagine there are other who have this same problem.

What mail system i have to install on WindowsNT to get E-XMH up and running ?

Best regards
Thomas Russ
Thomas M. Russ      OpenView Storage Management
                    Consulting Services
HEWLETT-PACKARD     Phone: +1-970-898-7702
Fort Collins        HP Telnet: 898-7702
Colorado, USA 80525 E-mail: thomas_russ(_at_)hp(_dot_)com