Re: pack doesn't preserve cur?

1998-05-11 10:36:32
Is it my setup , or is pack failing to update the cur pointer?

I have a cron job which packs the folder once a week and although I'm sure
the
cur message was the last message in the folder when I left work, It isn't
adjacent to the unseen sequence when I come back. Its that the expeced
behaviour?

Unfortunately yeah, that's long-standing MH behavior.  Always struck me as
odd as well.  The cur message number stays the same, so it may end up being
a different or nonexistent message after the pack.

I can probably fix this easily.  I'll look at it later in the week.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu