Using "dashstuffing" For Backward Compatibility

1998-07-04 22:41:11
=o= Hi, folks!  I just wanted to give you some feedback on
something I just came across in the Changelog:

* Changed the undocumented feature "nodashmunging" in forw
  and mhl, into the documented feature "nodashstuffing".  The
  default for forw, is still "dashstuffing" for backward
  compatibility, although I don't believe that bursting
  RFC934 digests is very common anymore.

=o= Backward compatibility is a fine thing, and indeed I use
RFC934 digests quite a bit myself, though mostly from habit.
If you ever decide to change the default, here's a way that
might work out best of all:  If there's a Mime-Version: header,
treat it as a MIME digest; otherwise treat it as a RFC934 digest.
    <_Jym_>