Re: repl -cc broken?

1998-08-31 15:31:04
Add the option `-group' to do group replies.

There isn't a good way to maintain MH compatibility, given the
current method that nmh/MH uses format files (which sucks).

Why?  The -nocc options still work.  Why can't "-cc to" be made to work?

It's just a design flaw of the format file system.  I don't have time
to explain it at the moment (there is not way to make group replies
smarter, and maintain MH compatibility, using current format system).

This is a serious hinderence for exmh -- how can the exmh install process
reliably determine what type of repl options to use for group replies?
It has to maintain compatiblity not only with prior nmh verions, but MH.

I've done a pretty good job of maintaining MH compatibility.  But if
I have to forever be held back by maintaining both MH and exmh
compatibility, I will just stop working on nmh.

Maybe it's getting about that time.

rc