Change in copyright

2002-07-20 15:39:18
I noticed that the copyright message for nmh has changed.  When I
started the nmh project I used the MH-6.8.3 source code as a starting
point.  Since this code base was explicitly in the public domain,
I was free to do anything with it, including adding my own copyright
notice to it.  Since I did a substantial amount of rewriting to MH
in converting to nmh, I felt I was within my rights to do so.  I
wasn't trying to take credit for the work of the MH authors.  But
the software did need a valid copyright notice.

If someone has asked me if it was ok to change, I probably wouldn't
have care.  But I consider it uncool to change that without at
least asking me first.

So, maybe the proper thing to do, is for me to release the nmh
source back into the public domain.

Richard Coleman
rcoleman(_at_)criticalmagic(_dot_)com