Re: nmh && cygwin, works?

2002-08-31 15:58:04
Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com said:
On August 31, 2002 at 07:25, "Anders Eriksson" wrote:

I tried to get a mail environment (fetchmail, postfix, nmh, exmh)
setup under cygwin, but that failed quite hard. Any ideas wether nmh
is supposed to work cygwin?

I have a hacked build of nmh for cugwin at
<http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tmp/nmh-1.0.4-ehood-cygwin-bin.tar.bz2>.
This build does not have POP support enabled, so you will need to use
something like fetchmail for that part.  Or, you can try to build from
hacked source,
<http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tmp/nmh-1.0.4-ehood-cygwin.tar.bz2>.

I have not had the time yet to incorporate the changes I did into the
main nmh source base.  Part of the changes will require some autoconf
work to get installation to work since Win32 systems automatically have
.exe extensions on executables.

You should check out the comp.mail.mh newsgroup as groups.google.com
for some fairly recent discussions about nmh usage under cygwin and
some of the problems one person was working at to get things going.

--ewh

I've actually managed to hack myself through it. I just wanted people's
opinion on wether we were supposed to support cygwin already, and
especially if we need to fix anything for the upcoming release.

BR,
/Anders
--
  Anders Eriksson