Re: Markup problems on the MH man pages.

2002-09-03 10:11:41
On 25 July 2002 at 13:51, "Eric S. Raymond"
<esr(_at_)golux(_dot_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> wrote:
If you are not already considering it, please think about moving your
documentation masters to DocBook (or some format from which you can
generate DocBook).

I've already thought of converting the online MH/nmh book (hosted at
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/ ) to DocBook.  Unfortuntately, work
on that book never seems to make it to the top of my long to-do list.
Eric's project sounds worthwhile too, and (as an old troff hacker)
I'd be a good one to help.  But I've got the same problem with that
as with the book: I'm not sure I'll get to it anytime soon. :-(

Still, if other people are interested in working on this, maybe I
can find enough cycles to help "around the edges".  Another idea that
I had: as this conversion happens (if it does), maybe it would make
sense to integrate the manpages with the book pages -- cross-linking
the two and eliminating duplicate info.  Ah, what a wonderful-sounding
project that is!  If you're interested, "let's talk." ;-)

Jerry
--
Jerry Peek, jpeek(_at_)jpeek(_dot_)com, http://www.jpeek.com/