Re: install-mh location

2002-11-18 22:05:51
Eric Gillespie <epg(_at_)pretzelnet(_dot_)org> wrote:
Neil W Rickert <rickert+nmh(_at_)cs(_dot_)niu(_dot_)edu> writes:

But, install-mh is not likely to be in the user's path;
it's in the lib directory.  Should I change the
installation to move this to the bin directory or to
make a link from the bin to the lib directory?

Make a sym-link, or put in a shell script.

Why?  It's an obvious end-user program, especially now.  It

People have been using MH, and now nmh, for a very long time.  They
have come to expect things in particular places and my have local
shell scripts that depend on it.

with a backwards compatability symlink, but if you must have one
the link goes in libexecdir.

Putting the link in lib would be fine.

 -NWR