Re: [Nmh-workers] lost in a maze of dbm's, all different

2003-09-15 10:30:04
You can use gdbm.

I don't have a Redhat system (I use Mandrake).  I recently changed the
configure script to look for either db or gdbm.  So where are the headers
stored on your system for the database package you've installed?  Which
database package have you installed that includes "dbm_open()" ??

The library search is for -lndbm, -ldbm, -ldb1, and finally -lgdbm.
The header search is <db1/ndbm.h>, <gdbm/ndbm.h>.

Can you send me 'config.log' from your system?

in trying to build either 1.1RC2 or 1.04 on a redhat 9 system, i'm
getting references to missing ndbm headers and libs.

went looking, tried to install the old db2-devel-2.4.14 rpm, but it
won't install due to conflicts.  the only dbm lib on the system is
gdbm.

any tips on a) where should i get ndbm? or b) can i use gdbm instead?

this machine is at work, so i'm trying to avoid the brute force "build
ndbm from sources" approach...

thanks,
paul