Re: Anybody mind if I remove this piece of strange code?

2003-10-20 13:30:15
Robert Elz wrote:
  | How about if I change the test so that it is only ignored for the top
  | level directory?

That would do much less harm, but is unlikely to be so easy (that function
gets called for any level in the hierarchy, if I recall correctly).

An alternative would be a "try really hard" option (inverse of folder -fast)
that made it ignore the test.

But for your purposes, wouldn't just making a dummy sub-directory in your new
(symlinks only) Mail directory, until it gets a real folder sub-dir of its own
do just as well?

kre

OK, I give up.  I guess that this is a special case.  But I found it real
annoying to have to resort to the source code in order to find out why the
command mysteriously didn't work.  I think a warning on the manual page
would suffice.

Jon