Re: [Nmh-workers] Maildir support for inc

2004-08-08 10:30:31
WRT the patch, is realloc(NULL, ...) considered portable these days for
nmh?

I can't answer for nmh - it certainly works on Linux and BSD and
should work on any ANSI C implementation - the C FAQ says:

        ANSI C sanctions this usage (and the related realloc(...,
        0), which frees), although several earlier implementations
        do not support it, so it may not be fully portable. Passing
        an initially-null pointer to realloc can make it easier to
        write a self-starting incremental allocation algorithm.

since nmh uses ANSI declarations, I'd guess it probably won't compile
on a platform that doesn't support this usage.

Also, if the code to process the two Maildir directories is
identical, which is the bit doing the realloc() IIRC, maybe there can be
just one copy of it.

Yep - this is a little ugly. I guess it should just iterate over a
list of subdirectories.

        David.