Re: [Nmh-workers] selecting text over html

2004-09-02 06:56:46
Paul Fox <pgf(_at_)foxharp(_dot_)boston(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us> wrote:

 > On 1 September 2004 at 9:38, Paul Fox
<pgf(_at_)foxharp(_dot_)boston(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us> wrote:
 > > is there a way to get nmh to to display the text version of a
 > > message in favor of an html version?
 >
 > Here are two ideas:

thanks jerry. these are good suggestions, and i'll give them a try.

it seems, though, that this should be relatively easy to do in the code
somewhere: prefer text to html, rather than vice-versa. my

I'd suggest that it be generalized some, so that maybe there is a profile
entry that lists order of preference for alternatives:

    mhshow-preferred-types: text/plain text/html text/richtext

That way, it can be used if any other types pop up...

problem is that i can't _find_ this decision in the code. :-) can anyone
point me in the right direction? where is the choice made between text
and html parts? (of course, it's possible that if i'm having this much
trouble finding it, that i won't be able to fix it either. ;-)

I couldn't find that decision point either...I'm GUESSING that it just
ends up taking the last alternative of the set and shows that one (or
something like that)...whether or not that's intentional, I don't know.
Maybe you could have a mail filter that reorders the alternatives before
delivering it? :)

Scott