Re: [Nmh-workers] gnu arch revision control system

2004-09-20 22:28:19
Chad Walstrom <chewie(_at_)wookimus(_dot_)net> wrote:

mlh(_at_)zip(_dot_)com(_dot_)au wrote:
Has anyone had a look at the gnu-arch revision control system?

Currently, I'm using it for all of my Debian packages.  I'm planning on
migrating my personal GNATS development to it, and synchronizing with
the savannah CVS repository.

It's a paradigm shift from classic CVS management -- the commands are
not really one-for-one with CVS --  but I think it's worth it.

Do you know how it compares to Subversion or p4? What is its maturity?

I've recently started using Subversion at work and like it a lot. It's
very much like p4, but better. It's very similar to CVS, except that you
can move and copy files and directories with ease and with preservation
of history; you can perform a lot of operations directly on the
repository with URLs. Because operations are atomic and a single log
message applies to a group of files, I've found that the ChangeLog has
become obsolete. A "svn log" on the root directory provides the same
information.

But this is all a bit off-topic since we're sort of limited to what
Savannah provides.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD