Re: [Nmh-workers] Holiday hacking project: nmh?

2004-10-07 07:19:42
Jerry Peek <jpeek(_at_)jpeek(_dot_)com> writes:
I've used MH and nmh for 23 years now.

I, for a few more.

I use a lot of its capabilities, things that other email programs don't do or
don't do well.  I'm sad to see how little momemtum the nmh project has these
days, and I'm wondering if I'll eventually have to switch to another system
that has more up-to-date capabilities.

The problem is that that there is nothing out there that comes close.
I, for one, am effectively stuck with a virtually static piece of software.
A quarter century of habits, procedures and scripts would all have
to all be replaced were I forced to switch to an inferior email system.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue
    Palo Alto CA 94306-3109
    (650) 565-8215