Re: [Nmh-workers] More puzzlement - expath() in sbr/path.c

2005-01-28 13:56:43

Jon Steinhart writes:
There is code in expath in sbr/path.c that just can't be correct.  The second
main if statement in this function includes what is, after some substitutions
,

      if ( ... && strcmp(name, ".") && strcmp(name, "..") && ... )

This can never be true!

Can anybody out there explain to me what this function (and the others in
path.c) are *supposed* to be doing so that I can make them do what they're
supposed to do?

strcmp(s1, s2) returns a non-zero value when strings s1 and s2 are not
equal.  If name is neither "." nor "..", then both of those functions would
return a non-zero value, and that expression would be true.

(You knew all that, but the code is a little terse and largely undocumented.)

cheers,
Arun